IGNORED

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm in. Aiming for 20 rounds at the home course this year. Let's see.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is brilliant!
I'm in.

My home course is only 9 holes. So, I will try to birdie all of the holes twice. (It will be a challenge as of now there are 2 holes I've never birdied.) The first birdie will go on the front nine. If there's a second birdie it will go on the back nine.... I'm assuming that's allowed. 

On 1/3/2020 at 9:02 PM, mvmac said:

Cool idea, I'm in.

Man, you are going to be done before I put a tee in the ground this year. More of the white death was falling from the sky yesterday. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

On 1/1/2020 at 1:11 PM, DaveP043 said:

I'm in :-)

dito

I have rounds dating back to 2006 which show best score of every hole at my club.
I think my best was 16 or 17 holes playing/recording only rounds in Mens Games on Thursdays and Saturdays (34 rounds)
Over the course of an entire season, this will be a piece of cake in 2020... 😁

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Man, you are going to be done before I put a tee in the ground this year. More of the white death was falling from the sky yesterday. 

I looked at my old University's records, they're up past 90 inches of snow this season.  With this note:

On days of high winds the snow readings recorded here are significantly lower than actual snowfall. 

Makes a cold day in Virginia seem pretty nice.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

72 today with four birdies, two were repeats, checked off #3 and #17.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

13 hours ago, mvmac said:

72 today with four birdies, two were repeats, checked off #3 and #17.

I'm thinking you should be playing in the TST Eagle Challenge instead. :-)

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 birdies this weekend. Saturday 4#, 14# (chip-in)  and Sunday 4#, 6# and 13# (chip-in). 

The 14# hole is the hardest of the course so it´s a good start. 

I'm in.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

This is a really fun idea. Count me in👍

At the course where I used to work the ladies auxiliary held a similar year-round challenge. It was called Par-Perfect. A pot was built over an entire year which was eventually split among the ladies that did go on to par every hole.

Hearing that, I adapted my own challenge. Eagle-Perfect. Not that I did this over one year's time, rather a running total that lasted 14 years until I left the club for another.

Over my 14 years there, I ended up eagling, at least one, all but four holes. Number 4, an uphill par 4. Number 12, 195y par3. 14, 212y par3 and 16, 168y par3.

I'll get in on the challenge asap! 

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Okay, I will give this a try.  In 2019 I was -8 at Leslie Park with 15 rounds.  My goal is to beat that number in 2020. As much as I want to start now, it is doubtful I will play there until April.

Brian Kuehn

On 1/3/2020 at 9:54 PM, iacas said:

Jeezus, Mike, play the back tees or something. You'll be done by February.

All Low Handicappers the challenge should be to Birdie all of them twice … 🙂

And maybe throw in a minimum of six Eagles …

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Ya, It's going to be a huge challenge since last year I was a little over 3.5% birdies or higher.    Never the less, I will enjoy the challenge.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

At this rate @mvmac will be done before I play my first round of the year.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'm in!  I'm maintaining membership at what my home course was when I lived in Los Angeles county, and I'll use that for this.  I plan to wander back up to visit friends -- doing so tomorrow for my first round of the year, but not at that course.  There are six holes at that course (I've been playing there since 2008, with about two years off in the middle) that I have never birdied.  Maybe I'll fix that this year ;-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I’m in, but I walk the muni 2 to 4 times/week so I’ll pick the three favorite courses nearest me. Hope to play all three multiple times in 2020.

Aloha,

iSank and yes I have sank = to how many times I have surfaced. 

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!