iacas

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

357 posts / 19942 viewsLast Reply

I'm in. Aiming for 20 rounds at the home course this year. Let's see.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is brilliant!
I'm in.

My home course is only 9 holes. So, I will try to birdie all of the holes twice. (It will be a challenge as of now there are 2 holes I've never birdied.) The first birdie will go on the front nine. If there's a second birdie it will go on the back nine.... I'm assuming that's allowed. 

On 1/3/2020 at 9:02 PM, mvmac said:

Cool idea, I'm in.

Man, you are going to be done before I put a tee in the ground this year. More of the white death was falling from the sky yesterday. 

On 1/1/2020 at 1:11 PM, DaveP043 said:

I'm in :-)

dito

I have rounds dating back to 2006 which show best score of every hole at my club.
I think my best was 16 or 17 holes playing/recording only rounds in Mens Games on Thursdays and Saturdays (34 rounds)
Over the course of an entire season, this will be a piece of cake in 2020... 😁

4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Man, you are going to be done before I put a tee in the ground this year. More of the white death was falling from the sky yesterday. 

I looked at my old University's records, they're up past 90 inches of snow this season.  With this note:

On days of high winds the snow readings recorded here are significantly lower than actual snowfall. 

Makes a cold day in Virginia seem pretty nice.

13 hours ago, mvmac said:

72 today with four birdies, two were repeats, checked off #3 and #17.

I'm thinking you should be playing in the TST Eagle Challenge instead. :-)

5 birdies this weekend. Saturday 4#, 14# (chip-in)  and Sunday 4#, 6# and 13# (chip-in). 

The 14# hole is the hardest of the course so it´s a good start. 

This is a really fun idea. Count me in👍

At the course where I used to work the ladies auxiliary held a similar year-round challenge. It was called Par-Perfect. A pot was built over an entire year which was eventually split among the ladies that did go on to par every hole.

Hearing that, I adapted my own challenge. Eagle-Perfect. Not that I did this over one year's time, rather a running total that lasted 14 years until I left the club for another.

Over my 14 years there, I ended up eagling, at least one, all but four holes. Number 4, an uphill par 4. Number 12, 195y par3. 14, 212y par3 and 16, 168y par3.

I'll get in on the challenge asap! 

Okay, I will give this a try.  In 2019 I was -8 at Leslie Park with 15 rounds.  My goal is to beat that number in 2020. As much as I want to start now, it is doubtful I will play there until April.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:54 PM, iacas said:

Jeezus, Mike, play the back tees or something. You'll be done by February.

All Low Handicappers the challenge should be to Birdie all of them twice … 🙂

And maybe throw in a minimum of six Eagles …

Ya, It's going to be a huge challenge since last year I was a little over 3.5% birdies or higher.    Never the less, I will enjoy the challenge.  

I'm in!  I'm maintaining membership at what my home course was when I lived in Los Angeles county, and I'll use that for this.  I plan to wander back up to visit friends -- doing so tomorrow for my first round of the year, but not at that course.  There are six holes at that course (I've been playing there since 2008, with about two years off in the middle) that I have never birdied.  Maybe I'll fix that this year ;-) 

I’m in, but I walk the muni 2 to 4 times/week so I’ll pick the three favorite courses nearest me. Hope to play all three multiple times in 2020.

Aloha,

iSank and yes I have sank = to how many times I have surfaced.