IGNORED

2018 Yearly TST Site Awards - Congrats to the Winners!

iacas
Note: This thread is 1922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

No sense in delaying… let's get right into it!

Kickstarter of the Year

These members started the topics that had the most posts throughout 2017. I did not count any topics started by myself (like some major championship topics, or "What'd you shoot today?," and I didn't consider wildly off-topic (non-golf) threads, either.

These topics that survived and came out on top saw a lot of great discussion.

KOTY #3: TST's Bronze Kickstarter of the Year is…

@Wally Fairway, for starting a thread about the British Open. Tiger held the lead at one point, standing on the 10th tee, before making a double and a bogey and falling to the very, very steady Francesco Molinari.

KOTY #2: TST's Silver Kickstarter of the Year is…

@Valleygolferfor starting what would ultimately become the Tiger Woods Catch-All Discussion topic. Yes, the topic still dates back to 2014, but it received the second-most posts in 2018 from a non-staff-member-started topic. This marks the third straight year this topic has finished second. This year this is somewhat surprising… seeing as how Tiger came back and even WON an event this year!

KOTY #1: TST's Gold Kickstarter of the Year is…

@lastings somehow managed to post a topic that wasn't entirely Tiger-centric, and yet which received the most posts in 2018*. Granted, Tiger played in the Ryder Cup, winning one point, which was nowhere near enough to help the U.S. squad win on European soil. Maybe in 2022… :sigh:

* The most posts were actually in topics 96205 (5 Minutes Daily Practice), 96860 (Masters Discussion Topic), 2203 (Jack vs. Tiger for GOAT), 97462 (U.S. Open Discussion), but those were started by staff or members who have not visited in quite some time.

Rookie of the Year

These members joined the site within the last month of 2017 or any time in 2018 and amassed the most reputation points while remaining in good standing throughout the year (only points earned in 2018 count). Just as you'd expect, of course! These members have a bright future ahead of themselves!

Note: winning Rookie of the Year does not preclude you from also winning Member of the Year awards. It'd be like a rookie in a major sport also winning the MVP - it can happen. It just didn't happen this year… 😄

ROTY #3: TST's Bronze Rookie of the Year is…

With 48 reputation points… @ChetlovesMer! Chet joined TST at the late date of August 21, 2018!

ROTY #2: TST's Silver Rookie of the Year is…

With a grand total of 122 points, and having joined us early in 2018, on January 29… @GrandStranded!

ROTY #1: TST's Gold Rookie of the Year is…

With a whopping 131 reputation votes in total, a member who joined the TST community on the very last day of 2017 (December 31), and a guy whose username I don't even try to pronounce… @HJJ003!

Congratulations!

Now, it's on to the big one. The one we've all been waiting for. The…

Member of the Year

These members are the best of the best. They amassed the most reputation points during the calendar year 2016, and remained in good standing throughout the year. Their peers - you guys and gals - felt their posts were worthy of the most thanks, skins, fist bumps, high fives, or reputation, whatever you want to call it. These are the elite. The people who make insightful posts that help further the discussion… even if you disagree with them occasionally. Or frequently.

Reminder: staff (me, @nevets88, @billchao, @NCGolfer, @boogielicious@tristanhilton85, @mchepp, @georgep, @Pretzel, @Shindig, @mvmac, @RandallT, in no particular order) are ineligible for yearly awards, or we would have taken home some hardware here. But, moderating you fine folks is prize enough, and we thank you for your contributions to our community here! Without further ado…

MOTY #3: TST's Bronze Member of the Year is…

This member has a current content count of 3,896 and joined the site on January 14, 2015. He plays about as much golf as anyone here despite having a mostly full-time job, a wife, and enjoying traveling and meeting up with people. He's a two-time Newport Cup participant, and he's made the most of his 3900 posts, and rarely posts something which doesn't stop to make people think, whether you agree or disagree with him. He's been a single digit golfer for a while now, and racked up 220 reputation points during 2018… our bronze award winning Member of the Year is @DaveP043!

MOTY #2: TST's Silver Member of the Year is…

This member joined on May 29, 2014. He does things his own way, which is fine, and doesn't really get into the instructional conversations too often except to occasionally offer some of his own experiential advice. He plays to about a 15 index, and doesn't take this site (or golf) too seriously, because he realizes that at some level, golf is just a silly game. With 4,853 posts, and 270 reputation points earned in 2018 alone, the silver Member of the Year for 2018 is… @Patch!

MOTY #1: TST's Gold Member of the Year is…

Now it's time for the big cheese. When this member isn't shanking the ball (or complaining about shanking the ball), he posts on TST with a little bit of attitude, which is fine. He's passionate about his golf, and he's a lifelong student of the game. He's bald, he joined the site one day after my birthday on March 24, 2014, and he's amassed 3,240 posts in his time here at TST. In 2018, this member blew away earned 0.833 points per day (for a total of 304 points).

The best of the best of the best, the Brooks Koepka (?) of TST for 2018, the cream of the crop… @Vinsk!

award.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas pinned and featured this topic

Congrats!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Congrats all! 

This one is for @Vinsk

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Wow, I like the stats on each member! Thanks for including that. Congrats, @Vinsk and the other winners! Thanks for all the good posts. The site can be so fun to read and it’s because of the numerous entertaining and knowledgeable members here. Thank you!

Constantine

Wow, I'm honored to receive the bronze medal for Rookie of the year. 
According to Seinfeld I should be happy I didn't get the silver.... 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Wow cool! Thanks everyone! It has been a really fun year and I have learned a lot. This has been the best online forum I have ever been a part of that’s for sure. Cheers to another great year of learning!

oh and I’m my username is too weird too pronounce your all welcome to call me Henry! 

Edited by HJJ003

Thanks all for 2018. Respect for all. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you for your contributions to the site!

:beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Congrats to the winners!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Yay!   I'm happy to take credit for the Ryder Cup happening!!     Or at least for being the one that was so excited for it I needed to start talking about it 2 full months before it began.   Ha!!!

Thanks!

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,so much @iacas ! I just saw the notification that I won the Silver medal for ROY, and I want to congratulate all the other winners! I appreciate and enjoy the time I spend here. The back and forth can get heated at times, but if you're willing to listen to other view points, there is a lot to be learned. We all go through periods where life happens, and things like family take priority. That's what happened to me, and why I haven't posted for a few months. Things have improved greatly on that front, and it's nice to be back! I wish everyone a Healthy and Happy New Year, and hope everyone enjoys and makes progress in this most difficult yet addictive game we love in 2019!

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:35 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

Wow, I'm honored to receive the bronze medal for Rookie of the year. 
According to Seinfeld I should be happy I didn't get the silver.... 

Jeez, for a minute there, I felt SO good about getting the Silver. Now, not so much, LOL Seriously though this was hysterical, I only wish I was clever enough to have posted it!

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Wow! Well congrats to all the other winners first. Second, thank you all so much. It’s very appreciated to have this honor! I absolutely love this site. Most importantly I’d like to thank @iacas and all the moderators who have put up with my nonsense I spew from time to time as well as appreciating my good ramblings. This site has given me so much and not just for golf. Some really amazing people here and I hope to get to meet some of you someday! I’ve never loved golf anymore and this site is the major reason for that. Thanks again!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Congrats to all.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations all!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• iacas unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 1922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!